Here you can find very easy steps How to make Lachha Paratha recipe at home with ingredients ,Nutrition value and benefits of eating punjabi Lachha Paratha recipe
What is Punjabi lachha paratha recipe
Punjabi lachha paratha recipe is a type of layered flatbread that is popular in the Indian subcontinent. It is made with whole wheat flour and ghee, and has a flaky, buttery texture.
Recipe of Punjabi lachha paratha
Here is a recipe for making lachha paratha at home:
Ingredients for making Lachha Paratha recipe:
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup ghee
- 1 cup water
Instructions of making Lachha Paratha recipe:
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour and salt.
- Add the ghee and mix until the flour resembles breadcrumbs.
- Slowly add the water, a little at a time, until the dough comes together.
- Knead the dough for about 10 minutes, until it becomes smooth and elastic.
- Cover the dough with a damp cloth and set aside for 30 minutes to rest.
- Divide the dough into small balls, about the size of a golf ball.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out each ball of dough into a thin circle, about 6-8 inches in diameter.
- Brush the surface of the dough with a little ghee.
- Fold the dough in half, then fold it again to form a triangular shape.
- Roll out the dough again into a thin circle, about 6-8 inches in diameter.
- Heat a griddle or large frying pan over medium heat.
- Place the paratha on the griddle and cook for about 1-2 minutes on each side, or until it becomes golden brown and flaky.
- Brush the paratha with a little ghee and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes on each side.
- Remove the paratha from the griddle and serve hot.
Enjoy your Punjabi lachha paratha with your choice of accompaniments, such as yogurt or chutney.
Nutritional value of Punjabi Lachha Paratha recipe
The nutritional value of Punjabi lachha paratha will depend on the specific ingredients and recipe used to make it. In general, lachha paratha is made with whole wheat flour and ghee, which are both nutritious ingredients. Whole wheat flour is a good source of carbohydrates and provides a moderate amount of protein, fiber, and other nutrients. Ghee is a type of clarified butter that is commonly used in Indian cuisine. It is a good source of fat, including saturated fat, and provides a small amount of protein and vitamins. Here is a rough estimate of the nutritional value of one Punjabi lachha paratha (about 100 grams):
- 350 calories
- 42 grams of carbohydrates
- 8 grams of protein
- 16 grams of fat
- 4 grams of fiber
- 3 milligrams of iron (17% DV)
- 20 milligrams of magnesium (5% DV)
- 100 milligrams of phosphorus (10% DV)
It is important to note that these values are estimates and may vary depending on the specific ingredients and portion size. It is always a good idea to check the label or consult a nutritionist for more accurate information.
Benefits of eating Punjabi Lachha Paratha recipe
Punjabi lachha paratha is a type of layered flatbread that is popular in the Indian subcontinent. It is made with whole wheat flour and ghee, which are both nutritious ingredients. Here are a few potential benefits of eating Punjabi lachha paratha:
- Provides energy: Punjabi lachha paratha is a good source of carbohydrates, which are the body’s primary source of energy. Consuming carbohydrates can help to sustain energy levels, particularly during physical activity or when the body is under stress.
- May support digestion: Punjabi lachha paratha contains small amounts of fiber, which is important for maintaining a healthy digestive system. Fiber helps to bulk up the stool and promote regular bowel movements, which can help to prevent constipation and other digestive issues.
- May support heart health: Some studies have shown that consuming whole grains, such as those found in Punjabi lachha paratha, may help to lower the risk of heart disease. Whole grains are a good source of dietary fiber, which can help to lower cholesterol levels and reduce the risk of heart disease.
- May support bone health: Punjabi lachha paratha is a good source of iron, which is an important mineral that helps to build and maintain strong bones. Iron also plays a role in carrying oxygen to the body’s cells and tissues.
It is important to note that these potential benefits are based on the general nutritional content of whole wheat flour and ghee, and may vary depending on the specific ingredients and recipe used to make Punjabi lachha paratha. As with any food, it is important to consume Punjabi lachha paratha in moderation as part of a balanced diet.
Top of Form