Here you can find very easy steps How to make Vegetable Kolhapuri Recipe at home with ingredients ,Nutrition value and benefits of eating Vegetable Kolhapuri Recipe
What is Vegetable Kolhapuri recipe
Vegetable Kolhapuri recipe is a spicy Indian dish made with mixed vegetables and a flavorful sauce. It is a popular dish in the Kolhapur region of Maharashtra, India, and it is known for its heat and bold flavors. The vegetables used in vegetable Kolhapuri recipe can vary, but common choices include potatoes, peas, bell peppers, onions, and tomatoes. The sauce for vegetable Kolhapuri recipe is typically made with a combination of spices, including red chili powder, coriander, cumin, and garam masala, as well as coconut milk or yogurt to add creaminess. Vegetable Kolhapuri recipe is often served with rice or Indian bread, such as chapati or naan, and it can also be enjoyed as a main dish on its own.
Recipe of vegetable kolhapuri recipe
Here is a recipe for vegetable Kolhapuri that you can try at home:
Ingredients for vegetable kolhapuri recipe:
- 2 cups mixed vegetables (such as potatoes, peas, bell peppers, onions, and tomatoes)
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 inch ginger, finely minced
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- Salt, to taste
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup coconut milk or yogurt
- Chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish
Instructions for vegetable kolhapuri recipe:
- Wash and chop the vegetables into bite-sized pieces and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large pan or kadhai over medium heat.
- Once the oil is hot, add the mustard seeds, cumin seeds, and fennel seeds and fry for 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Add the onions, ginger, and garlic and fry for 3-4 minutes until the onions are soft and translucent.
- Add the red chili powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, garam masala, and salt and fry for a further 1-2 minutes.
- Add the vegetables to the pan and stir gently to coat them in the spice mixture.
- Add the water and bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10-12 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
- Stir in the coconut milk or yogurt and simmer for a further 5 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped fresh cilantro and serve hot with rice or Indian bread.
I hope you enjoy this recipe! Let me know if you have any questions.
Nutrition value of vegetable kolhapuri recipe
The nutritional value of vegetable Kolhapuri recipe can vary depending on the specific ingredients and serving size. However, here is a rough estimate of the nutritional content of a typical serving of vegetable Kolhapuri recipe:
- Calories: 200-300 calories per serving
- Protein: 6-8 grams per serving
- Fat: 15-20 grams per serving
- Carbohydrates: 20-30 grams per serving
- Fiber: 4-6 grams per serving
Vegetable Kolhapuri recipe is a good source of protein and fiber, and it also contains some essential nutrients such as vitamin C and potassium. However, it is worth noting that the nutritional content of vegetable Kolhapuri can vary depending on the specific vegetables and seasonings used. Some variations of vegetable Kolhapuri may be higher in calories and fat if they include ingredients such as coconut milk or ghee. As with any dish, it is important to enjoy vegetable Kolhapuri as part of a balanced diet.
Benefits of eating vegetable kolhapuri recipe
There are several potential benefits to eating vegetable Kolhapuri, as it is a tasty and nutritious dish. Some possible benefits include:
- Good source of protein: Vegetable Kolhapuri is a good source of protein, which is an essential nutrient that is necessary for the growth, repair, and maintenance of tissues in the body.
- High in fiber: Vegetable Kolhapuri is also high in fiber, which is a type of carbohydrate that is not digested by the body. Fiber helps to keep the digestive system healthy and can help to reduce the risk of constipation, diverticulitis, and other digestive problems.
- Good source of essential nutrients: Vegetable Kolhapuri is a good source of several essential nutrients, including vitamin C and potassium, which are found in the vegetables. These nutrients are important for maintaining good health and can help to support a strong immune system.
- Delicious and satisfying: In addition to its nutritional benefits, vegetable Kolhapuri is also a tasty and satisfying dish. It is often served with rice or Indian bread, which makes it a satisfying meal that can be enjoyed as part of a balanced diet.
- Versatile: Vegetable Kolhapuri can be served as a side dish or as a main course, and it can be paired with a variety of other dishes to create a complete meal.