Here you can find very easy steps How to make Vegetable Biryani recipe at home with ingredients ,Nutrition value and benefits of eating Vegetable Biryani recipe
What is Vegetable Biryani recipe
Vegetable biryani recipe is a popular Indian dish made with rice, vegetables, and a mixture of spices. It is a flavorful and aromatic dish that can be served as a main course or a side dish.
Recipe of Vegetable Biryani
Here is a recipe you can try at home:
Ingredients for Vegetable Biryani recipe:
- 2 cups basmati rice
- 2 tablespoons ghee or oil
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3 cloves
- 3 cardamom pods
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- 1 cup mixed vegetables (such as carrots, peas, bell peppers, and potatoes), diced
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- Salt, to taste
- Chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish
Instructions for making Vegetable Biryani recipe:
- Rinse the rice in cold water and set aside.
- Heat the ghee or oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add the cinnamon stick, cloves, cardamom pods, and bay leaf and let them sizzle for a few seconds.
- Add the onion and sauté until it is lightly browned.
- Add the ginger paste and garlic paste and sauté for a few more seconds.
- Add the vegetables and sauté for a few minutes until they are slightly softened.
- Add the rice, water, coconut milk, garam masala, turmeric powder, and salt to the pot and mix well.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer, covered, for 20-25 minutes or until the rice is cooked and the liquid is absorbed.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve hot.
You can customize this recipe by using different types of vegetables to suit your taste. Enjoy!
Nutritional value of Vegetable Biryani recipe
The nutritional value of vegetable biryani recipe will depend on the specific ingredients you use and the serving size. Here is a general breakdown of the nutrients provided by some of the main ingredients in the recipe I provided above:
- 2 cups of basmati rice:
- Calories: 410
- Protein: 9g
- Fat: 0.8g
- Carbohydrates: 88g
- Fiber: 2g
- 2 tablespoons of ghee:
- Calories: 240
- Protein: 0g
- Fat: 27g
- Carbohydrates: 0g
- Fiber: 0g
- 1 cup of mixed vegetables:
- Calories: 55
- Protein: 2g
- Fat: 0.5g
- Carbohydrates: 12g
- Fiber: 3g
- 1 cup of coconut milk:
- Calories: 552
- Protein: 5g
- Fat: 57g
- Carbohydrates: 13g
- Fiber: 2g
Keep in mind that this is just a rough estimate, and the actual nutritional value of your vegetable biryani recipe will depend on the specific ingredients and amounts you use. It is always a good idea to consult a nutritionist or a registered dietitian for more accurate information.
Benefits of eating Vegetable Biryani recipe
Vegetable biryani recipe is a flavorful and aromatic dish that can be a healthy addition to your diet. Some potential benefits of eating vegetable biryani recipe include:
- Rice is a good source of energy and can provide a range of essential nutrients, including vitamins and minerals.
- The vegetables added to the dish provide additional nutrients, including fiber, vitamins, and minerals.
- Coconut milk is a good source of healthy fats and may have various health benefits, such as aiding in weight loss and improving heart health.
- The spices used in the recipe may have various health benefits, such as aiding in digestion and reducing inflammation.
It’s important to keep in mind that vegetable biryani recipe should be enjoyed as part of a balanced diet that includes a variety of nutrient-dense foods.
Hope you enjoyed our post ” How to make Vegetable Biryani recipe at home”