Here you can find very easy steps How to make Urad Dal recipe at home with ingredients ,Nutrition value and benefits of eating Urad Dal recipe
What is Urad Dal recipe
Urad dal, also known as black gram, is a type of lentil that is commonly used in Indian and South Asian cuisine. It has a creamy texture and a slightly nutty flavor and is often used to make dal, a type of thick soup or stew made with lentils and spices. Urad dal is also used to make a variety of other dishes, such as idli, dosa, and vada, which are popular breakfast foods in South India.
Recipe of Urad dal
Here is a basic recipe for urad dal:
Ingredients for making Urad Dal recipe:
- 1 cup urad dal
- 3 cups water
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 small tomato, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- Salt, to taste
Instructions for making Urad Dal recipe:
- Rinse the urad dal in cold water and drain.
- Place the dal in a large pot or Dutch oven and add the water. Bring the mixture to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer the dal, covered, for 45-60 minutes, or until it is tender.
- Heat a small skillet over medium heat. Add the cumin and mustard seeds and cook until they begin to pop, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add the onions and cook until they are translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the tomato, cilantro, turmeric, and garam masala, and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Stir the onion mixture into the dal and season with salt, to taste.
- Serve the dal hot, garnished with additional cilantro, if desired.
Nutrition value of Urad Dal recipe
The nutritional value of urad dal recipe will depend on the specific ingredients and recipe used. In general, urad dal recipe is a good source of nutrients and may provide a variety of health benefits. Some potential nutrients and benefits of urad dal may include:
- Good source of protein: Urad dal is a good source of protein, which is important for building and repairing tissues in the body.
- Good source of fiber: Urad dal is a good source of fiber, which is important for promoting regular bowel movements and maintaining a healthy digestive system.
- Good source of iron: Urad dal is a good source of iron, which is important for carrying oxygen to the body’s cells.
- Low in fat: Urad dal is generally low in fat, making it a good choice for people watching their intake of this nutrient.
- Gluten-free: Urad dal is naturally gluten-free, making it a good choice for people with gluten intolerance or celiac disease.
It’s worth noting that the specific benefits of urad dal recipe will depend on the ingredients and recipe used. Adding vegetables and using healthy cooking methods can help maximize the nutritional value and potential health benefits of your dal.
Hope you enjoyed our post ” How to make Urad Dal recipe at home”