Here you can find very easy steps How to make Tomato Soup recipe at home with ingredients ,Nutrition value and benefits of eating Tomato Soup recipe
What is Tomato Soup recipe
Tomato soup recipe is a type of soup made with tomatoes and a variety of other ingredients, such as onions, celery, carrots, and spices. It is often made with a tomato-based broth or tomato puree and may be served hot or cold. Tomato soup recipe may be garnished with a variety of ingredients, such as croutons, cheese, or herbs, and is often served with bread or crackers.
Recipe of Tomato Soup
Here is a basic recipe for tomato soup:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 cans diced tomatoes
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until it is translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for an additional minute.
- Stir in the celery and carrots, and cook for 5 minutes, or until the vegetables begin to soften.
- Add the diced tomatoes, chicken broth, basil, and oregano to the pot. Bring the mixture to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer the soup for 20-30 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
- Use an immersion blender to puree the soup until it is smooth. Alternatively, you can transfer the soup to a blender and puree it in batches.
- Season the soup with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve the soup hot, garnished with croutons, cheese, or herbs, if desired.
Nutrition value of Tomato Soup recipe
The nutritional value of tomato soup recipe will depend on the specific ingredients and recipe used. In general, tomato soup is a low-calorie, low-fat food that is a good source of a variety of nutrients, including vitamin C, potassium, and lycopene.
One cup of homemade tomato soup made with tomatoes, broth, and vegetables may contain approximately:
- 50-100 calories
- 0-2 grams of fat
- 2-4 grams of protein
- 10-20 grams of carbohydrates
- 2-4 grams of fiber
Store-bought or restaurant-prepared tomato soup may have different nutritional values, as these products may contain additional ingredients such as preservatives, flavorings, and thickening agents, which can affect the overall nutritional content of the soup. It’s a good idea to check the label or ask about the ingredients and nutritional information if you are concerned about the nutritional content of your soup.
In general, tomato soup can be a healthy and nutritious addition to your diet, particularly when made with a variety of vegetables and served as a part of a balanced meal. It’s a good idea to choose a variety of vegetables to include in your soup, as each type of vegetable provides its own unique set of nutrients.
Benefits of drinking Tomato Soup recipe
Tomatoes are a good source of nutrients and may provide a variety of health benefits. Some potential benefits of drinking tomato soup recipe may include:
- Low calorie and low fat: Tomato soup is generally low in calories and fat, making it a good choice for people watching their intake of these nutrients.
- Good source of nutrients: Tomato soup is a good source of a variety of nutrients, including vitamin C, potassium, and lycopene. Lycopene is an antioxidant that has been linked to a reduced risk of heart disease.
- May support weight loss: Because tomato soup is low in calories and high in fiber, it may be helpful for people trying to lose weight. Studies have shown that increasing intake of fiber can help with weight loss by helping you feel full and satisfied after eating, which may help reduce overall calorie intake.
- May have anti-inflammatory effects: Some studies have found that tomatoes may have anti-inflammatory effects, which may help reduce inflammation in the body. Inflammation has been linked to a variety of health conditions, including heart disease and cancer.
- May support immune function: Tomatoes are a good source of vitamin C, which is important for supporting immune function. Vitamin C is an antioxidant that helps protect cells from damage caused by free radicals, and is also important for maintaining healthy skin and tissues.
It’s worth noting that the specific benefits of tomato soup recipe will depend on the ingredients and recipe used. Choosing a variety of vegetables and using healthy cooking methods can help maximize the nutritional value and potential health benefits of your soup.
Hope you enjoyed our post ” How to make Tomato Soup recipe at home”