Here you can find very easy steps How to make Tandoori Butter Naan recipe at home with ingredients ,Nutrition value and benefits of eating Tandoori Butter Naan recipe
What is Tandoori Butter Naan recipe
Tandoori Butter Naan recipe is a type of flatbread that is popular in South Asia, particularly in India. It is traditionally made by baking a dough made from flour, water, and yeast in a tandoor, a cylindrical clay oven. Tandoori Butter naan is often served with curries and other dishes, and it can also be topped with various ingredients, such as garlic or herbs, before being baked.
Tandoori Butter Naan Recipe
Here is a recipe for tandoori butter naan
Ingredients of Tandoori Butter Naan Recipe:
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 packet active dry yeast
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
Instructions for making Tandoori Butter Naan recipe:
- In a small bowl, combine the warm water, sugar, and yeast. Stir until the yeast has dissolved, then set aside for 5-10 minutes until the mixture becomes frothy.
- In a separate large bowl, mix together the flour and salt.
- Add the yeast mixture, yogurt, and 1/4 cup of the melted butter to the flour mixture. Mix until a dough forms.
- Knead the dough for 5-10 minutes, until it becomes smooth and elastic.
- Place the dough in a greased bowl, cover with a damp cloth, and set aside in a warm place to rise for 1-2 hours, or until it has doubled in size.
- Preheat a grill or griddle over medium heat.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal pieces and roll each piece out into a thin oval shape.
- In a small bowl, mix together the remaining melted butter, garam masala, cumin, paprika, and turmeric.
- Brush the tops of the naan with the spiced butter mixture.
- Place the naan on the grill or griddle and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, until puffed and grill marks appear.
- Serve the naan warm.
Nutritional value of tandoori butter naan recipe
The nutritional value of tandoori butter naan recipe will depend on the specific ingredients used and the serving size. Here is a rough estimate of the nutritional value of tandoori butter naan based on the recipe I provided earlier:
Per serving (1 naan, based on 8 servings):
- Calories: 272
- Total fat: 10 g
- Saturated fat: 6 g
- Cholesterol: 24 mg
- Sodium: 350 mg
- Total carbohydrate: 37 g
- Dietary fiber: 1 g
- Sugar: 3 g
- Protein: 6 g
This is only a rough estimate, and the actual nutritional value may vary depending on the specific ingredients used and the serving size. It’s always a good idea to check the nutritional information of any recipe you make to ensure that it fits your dietary needs and preferences.
Benefits of eating tandoori butter naan recipe
Eating tandoori butter naan recipe can be a tasty and convenient way to add some variety to your diet, but it is important to keep in mind that it is a high-calorie and high-fat food. Here are a few potential benefits of eating tandoori butter naan:
- Provides energy: Tandoori butter naan is made from flour, which is a source of carbohydrates. Carbohydrates are the body’s primary source of energy, so eating tandoori butter naan can provide you with an energy boost.
- May contribute to a healthy diet: Depending on the ingredients used, tandoori butter naan may contain some nutrients that are important for overall health. For example, whole wheat flour, which is sometimes used to make naan, is a good source of fiber, vitamins, and minerals.
- Can be a convenient and portable food: Tandoori butter naan is easy to make and transport, making it a convenient food to take with you on the go.
However, it is important to keep in mind that tandoori butter naan is a high-calorie and high-fat food, and it should be enjoyed in moderation as part of a balanced diet.