Here you can find very easy steps How to make Sukhi Channa Dal recipe at home with ingredients ,Nutrition value and benefits of eating Sukhi Channa Dal recipe
What is Sukhi Channa Dal recipe
Sukhi Channa Dal is a dish made with dried split chickpeas, also known as chana dal, that is popular in Indian cuisine. The chana dal is cooked with a mixture of spices and herbs to create a flavorful and aromatic dish. It is often served with rice or bread, and can also be used as a topping for sandwiches or as a filling for wraps. Sukhi Channa Dal recipe is known for its rich, nutty flavor and is a popular choice for those who enjoy vegetarian and legume-based dishes. It is also a good source of plant-based protein and dietary fiber.
Recipe of sukhi channa dal
Here is a recipe for Sukhi Channa Dal that you can try at home:
- 1 cup dried split chickpeas (chana dal)
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- Salt, to taste
- Chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Rinse the chana dal and soak in water for at least 1 hour.
- Drain the chana dal and transfer to a pot. Add 2 cups of water and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer, covered, for 30-35 minutes, or until the chana dal is tender.
- Heat the oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the cumin seeds and mustard seeds and cook until they start to pop.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook until the onion is translucent.
- Add the ground coriander, ground cumin, ground turmeric, and cayenne pepper and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Add the diced tomatoes and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Add the cooked chana dal to the pan and stir to combine. Add salt to taste.
- Garnish with chopped fresh cilantro and serve hot with rice or bread.
I hope you enjoyed “How to make Sukhi Channa Dal recipe at home” Let me know if you have any questions.
Nutrition value of sukhi channa dal recipe
Chana dal, which is the main ingredient in Sukhi Channa Dal recipe, is a nutritious food that is high in protein and dietary fiber. It is also a good source of a number of essential nutrients, including iron, folate, and zinc.
One cup (198 grams) of cooked chana dal contains approximately:
- 269 calories
- 15 grams of protein
- 45 grams of carbohydrates
- 7 grams of fiber
- 2 grams of fat
- 87 milligrams of calcium
- 4 milligrams of iron
- 0.4 milligrams of thiamin
- 0.4 milligrams of niacin
The other ingredients used in Sukhi Channa Dal recipe, such as onions, tomatoes, garlic, and various spices, also provide a range of nutrients and health benefits. For example, onions are a good source of vitamin C, while tomatoes are a rich source of lycopene, a potent antioxidant. Garlic has potential health benefits and is thought to have anti-inflammatory and immune-boosting properties. The spices used in the dish may also provide various health benefits, depending on the specific spices used.
It is worth noting that the nutritional value of Sukhi Channa Dal recipe will also depend on how it is prepared and served. For example, if the dish is served with oil or ghee, it will have higher fat content. If it is served with rice or bread, the carbohydrate content will be higher. To ensure that Sukhi Channa Dal is a healthy and balanced part of your diet, it is important to pay attention to portion sizes and consider the overall nutritional content of your meals.
Benefits of eating sukhi channa dal
Chana dal, which is the main ingredient in Sukhi Channa Dal recipe, is a nutritious food that can provide a range of health benefits. Some potential benefits of eating chana dal include:
- Weight management: Chana dal is low in calories and high in fiber, making it a filling and satisfying food that can help with weight management.
- Heart health: Chana dal is a good source of dietary fiber, which can help to lower cholesterol levels and reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Bone health: Chana dal is a good source of minerals such as calcium and phosphorous, which are important for maintaining strong bones.
- Gut health: Chana dal is a good source of dietary fiber, which can help to promote regular bowel movements and improve gut health.
In addition to the potential health benefits of chana dal, Sukhi Channa Dal may also provide benefits from the other ingredients used in the recipe, such as onions, tomatoes, garlic, and various spices. For example, onions are a good source of vitamin C and have potential anti-inflammatory properties, while tomatoes are a rich source of lycopene, a potent antioxidant. Garlic is thought to have immune-boosting and anti-inflammatory properties, and the spices used in the dish may provide various health benefits depending on the specific spices used.
It is worth noting that the specific health benefits of Sukhi Channa Dal will depend on the ingredients and preparation method used. To ensure that Sukhi Channa Dal is a healthy and balanced part of your diet, it is important to pay attention to portion sizes and consider the overall nutritional content of your meals.