Here you can find very easy steps of Stuffed Oats Chilla Recipe – Easy, Healthy, and Delicious recipe at home with ingredients ,Nutrition value and benefits of eating Stuffed Oats Chilla Recipe
What is Stuffed Oats Chilla Recipe – Easy, Healthy, and Delicious
Stuffed oats chilla recipe is a healthy and delicious recipe that combines oats, vegetables, and spices to create a flavorful and satisfying meal. To make stuffed oats chilla, you will need to prepare a batter made from oats, water, and spices, and then stuff the batter with a mixture of vegetables, such as diced onion, tomato, and bell pepper. The stuffed chilla can be cooked in a pan or griddle, and served with chutney or yogurt for added flavor. This recipe is easy to make, and is a great option for those looking for a healthy and tasty meal.
Recipe for Stuffed Oats Chilla:
Ingredients for Stuffed Oats Chilla Recipe:
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili powder (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced tomato
- 1/2 cup diced bell pepper
- Oil for cooking
Instructions for Stuffed Oats Chilla Recipe:
- In a mixing bowl, combine the oats, water, salt, cumin powder, red chili powder (if using), turmeric powder, and garam masala powder. Mix well and let the batter sit for 10 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the diced onion, tomato, and bell pepper.
- Heat a pan or griddle over medium heat and add a small amount of oil.
- Take a ladle full of the oats batter and pour it onto the pan or griddle.
- Spread the batter out into a circle, and add a spoonful of the vegetable mixture in the center of the chilla.
- Fold the chilla in half, and press down gently to seal the vegetables inside.
- Cook the chilla for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until golden brown and crispy.
- Repeat the process with the remaining batter and vegetable mixture.
- Serve the chillas warm with chutney or yogurt on the side. Enjoy!
Note: You can customize the recipe by adding your favorite veggies, cheese or tofu.
Cooking time for Stuffed Oats Chilla Recipe – Easy, Healthy, and Delicious:
The cooking time for stuffed oats chilla recipe will vary depending on the heat of your pan or griddle and the thickness of your chillas. Typically, it should take about 2-3 minutes per side to cook the chilla until it is golden brown and crispy. Be sure to keep an eye on the chilla while it cooks to ensure that it doesn’t burn, and flip it over once the bottom side is cooked. You can check if it is cooked properly by inserting a knife or toothpick, it should come out clean.
It’s important to note that the overall cooking time for the recipe will also depend on how many chillas you are making at once and how many batches you need to cook.
How to serve Stuffed Oats Chilla Recipe
Stuffed oats chilla recipe can be served in a variety of ways to suit your taste and preferences. Some popular options include:
- With chutney: Serve the chillas with a side of mint chutney, tamarind chutney, or coriander chutney for added flavor.
- With yogurt: Serve the chillas with a side of yogurt or raita for a creamy, cooling contrast to the spices in the chilla.
- As a sandwich: Cut the chilla in half and stuff it with a variety of fillings such as lettuce, cheese, paneer or tofu.
- As a wrap: Roll the chilla with some veggies and sauces of your choice.
- With a salad: Serve the chillas with a side of mixed green salad for a healthy and refreshing contrast.
- As a side dish: Serve the chillas as a side dish to a main course such as dal or curry.
Ultimately, the way you serve your stuffed oats chilla recipe is up to you and what you think will pair well with the flavors of the dish. Feel free to get creative and experiment with different serving options to find what you like best.
Nutritional value of Stuffed Oats Chilla Recipe :
The nutritional value of the stuffed oats chilla will depend on the specific ingredients used and the quantity of each ingredient. However, in general, oats are a good source of carbohydrates, fiber, and protein. They also contain vitamins and minerals such as thiamine, phosphorus, and magnesium. Vegetables used in this recipe such as onion, tomato and bell pepper are a good source of vitamins and minerals like Vitamin C, Vitamin A, potassium, and dietary fiber.
Additionally, the oil used for cooking will add some fat to the dish, however, you can use a minimal amount of oil or use a cooking spray for lesser fat.
It’s a good idea to check the specific nutritional information for the ingredients you are using to get a more accurate idea of the nutritional value of your stuffed oats chilla.
Hope you are Enjoyed our post “Stuffed Oats Chilla Recipe – Easy, Healthy, and Delicious recipe at home”