Here you can find very easy steps How to make Stuffed Capsicum recipe at home with ingredients ,Nutrition value and benefits of eating Stuffed Capsicum recipe
What is Stuffed Capsicum recipe
Stuffed Capsicum recipe, also known as Stuffed Bell Peppers or Bharwa Shimla Mirch, is a dish made by stuffing capsicums (bell peppers) with a mixture of vegetables, spices, and often lentils or grains. The capsicums are then baked or grilled until they are tender and the filling is cooked through. The filling can be flavored with a variety of spices, such as cumin, coriander, and garam masala, to create a flavorful and aromatic dish. Stuffed Capsicum is often served as a main course, and can also be served as a side dish with rice or bread. It is known for its colorful and savory filling, and is a popular choice for those who enjoy vegetable-based dishes.
Recipe of stuffed capsicum
Here is a recipe for Stuffed Capsicum that you can try at home:
- 4 medium capsicums (bell peppers)
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 cup cooked lentils
- 1 cup diced vegetables (such as carrots, peas, and potatoes)
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt, to taste
- Chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Cut the tops off the capsicums and remove the seeds.
- In a pan, heat 1 tablespoon of oil over medium heat. Add the cumin seeds and coriander seeds and cook until they start to pop.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook until the onion is translucent.
- Add the diced vegetables and cook for an additional 5-7 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
- Stir in the cooked rice, lentils, garam masala, and cayenne pepper and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes. Season with salt to taste.
- Fill the capsicums with the rice and vegetable mixture and place them in a baking dish.
- Cover the dish with foil and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the capsicums are tender.
- Garnish with chopped fresh cilantro and serve hot as a main course or side dish.
I hope you are enjoying “How to make Stuffed Capsicum recipe at home” Let me know if you have any questions.
Nutrition value of stuffed capsicum recipe
It is difficult for me to provide exact nutritional information for Stuffed Capsicum recipe without knowing the specific ingredients and quantities used in the recipe. However, capsicums, or bell peppers, which are the main ingredient in Stuffed Capsicum, are a nutritious vegetable that is low in calories and high in fiber. They are also a good source of a number of essential nutrients, including vitamin C, vitamin A, and potassium.
One cup (149 grams) of raw red capsicum contains approximately:
- 30 calories
- 1 gram of protein
- 7 grams of carbohydrates
- 3 grams of fiber
- 0.3 grams of fat
- 117 milligrams of vitamin C
- 310 micrograms of vitamin A
- 0.8 milligrams of iron
The other ingredients used in Stuffed Capsicum recipe, such as rice, lentils, vegetables, onions, garlic, and various spices, also provide a range of nutrients and health benefits. For example, rice is a good source of carbohydrates and a variety of essential vitamins and minerals, while lentils are a good source of protein, dietary fiber, and various vitamins and minerals. Vegetables such as carrots, peas, and potatoes are rich in various nutrients, such as vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. Onions are a good source of vitamin C and have potential anti-inflammatory properties, while garlic is thought to have immune-boosting and anti-inflammatory properties. The spices used in the dish may also provide various health benefits, depending on the specific spices used.
It is worth noting that the nutritional value of Stuffed Capsicum recipe will also depend on how it is prepared and served
Benefits of eating stuffed capsicum
Capsicums, or bell peppers, which are the main ingredient in Stuffed Capsicum recipe, are a nutritious vegetable that can provide a range of health benefits. Some potential benefits of eating capsicums include:
- Weight management: Capsicums are low in calories and high in fiber, making them a filling and satisfying food that can help with weight management.
- Heart health: Capsicums are a good source of dietary fiber, which can help to lower cholesterol levels and reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Eye health: Capsicums are a rich source of vitamin A and other antioxidants, which are important for maintaining good eye health and vision.
- Immune system support: Capsicums are a good source of vitamin C, which is important for maintaining a healthy immune system.
In addition to the potential health benefits of capsicums, Stuffed Capsicum may also provide benefits from the other ingredients used in the recipe, such as rice, lentils, vegetables, onions, garlic, and various spices. For example, rice is a good source of carbohydrates and a variety of essential vitamins and minerals, while lentils are a good source of protein, dietary fiber, and various vitamins and minerals. Vegetables such as carrots, peas, and potatoes are rich in various nutrients, such as vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. Onions are a good source of vitamin C and have potential anti-inflammatory properties, while garlic is thought to have immune-boosting and anti-inflammatory properties. The spices used in the dish may provide various health benefits depending on the specific spices used.