Here you can find very easy steps How to make Pumpkin Potato Curry Recipe at home with ingredients ,Nutrition value and benefits of eating Pumpkin Potato Curry Recipe
What is Pumpkin Potato Curry Recipe
Pumpkin Potato Curry is a type of Indian curry dish that is made with pumpkin and potatoes. The pumpkin and potatoes are typically cooked with a variety of spices, such as cumin, coriander, garam masala, and turmeric, and are served in a creamy or tomato-based sauce. Pumpkin Potato curry is often served as a main course or side dish, and is a popular choice in Indian cuisine. It is known for its savory and slightly sweet flavor, and is often served with rice or bread.
Recipe of Pumpkin Potato Curry
Here is a recipe for Pumpkin Potato Curry that you can try at home:
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup diced pumpkin
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 cup water
- Salt, to taste
- Chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish
- In a pan, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the cumin seeds and cook until they start to pop.
- Add the onion, garlic, and ginger and cook until the onion is translucent.
- Add the cumin powder, coriander powder, garam masala, turmeric, and cayenne pepper and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Add the pumpkin and potatoes and stir to coat with the spices.
- Add the water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
- Season with salt to taste and garnish with chopped fresh cilantro.
- Serve hot as a main course or side dish with rice or bread.
I hope you enjoy this recipe for Pumpkin Potato curry! Let me know if you have any questions.
Nutrition value of Pumpkin Potato curry
It is difficult for me to provide exact nutritional information for Pumpkin potato curry without knowing the specific ingredients and quantities used in the recipe. However, pumpkin and potatoes, which are the main ingredients in Pumpkin potato curry, are both nutritious and versatile foods that are high in various essential nutrients.
One cup (116 grams) of cooked, mashed pumpkin contains approximately:
- 49 calories
- 1 gram of protein
- 12 grams of carbohydrates
- 2 grams of fiber
- 0.1 grams of fat
- 2,873 international units (IU) of vitamin A
- 19 milligrams of vitamin C
- 2 milligrams of iron
One medium (173 grams) baked potato with skin contains approximately:
- 161 calories
- 4 grams of protein
- 37 grams of carbohydrates
- 3 grams of fiber
- 0.1 grams of fat
- 45 milligrams of vitamin C
- 961 micrograms of vitamin A
- 26 milligrams of calcium
The other ingredients used in Pumpkin potato curry, such as oil, onion, garlic, ginger, and various spices, also provide a range of nutrients and health benefits. For example, oil is a source of energy and helps to absorb fat-soluble vitamins, while onions and garlic are good sources of vitamin C and have potential anti-inflammatory properties. Ginger is thought to have immune-boosting and anti-inflammatory properties, while the spices used in the dish may provide various health benefits depending on the specific spices used.
It is worth noting that the nutritional value of Pumpkin potato curry will also depend on how it is prepared and served. To ensure that Pumpkin potato curry is a healthy and balanced part of your diet, it is important to pay attention to portion sizes and consider the overall nutritional content of your meals.
Benefits of eating Pumpkin Potato curry
Pumpkin and potatoes, which are the main ingredients in Pumpkin Potato curry are both nutritious and versatile foods that can provide a range of health benefits. Some potential benefits of eating pumpkin and potatoes include:
- Weight management: Pumpkin and potatoes are low in calories and high in fiber, making them filling and satisfying foods that can help with weight management.
- Heart health: Pumpkin and potatoes are good sources of dietary fiber, which can help to lower cholesterol levels and reduce the risk of heart disease. Pumpkin is also a good source of antioxidants, which can help to protect against oxidative stress and reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Bone health: Pumpkin and potatoes are good sources of minerals such as potassium and magnesium, which are important for maintaining strong bones.
- Immune system support: Pumpkin is a good source of vitamin A, which is important for maintaining healthy skin, eyes, and immune function. Potatoes are a good source of vitamin C, which is important for maintaining a healthy immune system.
In addition to the potential health benefits of pumpkin and potatoes, Pumpkin Potato curry may also provide benefits from the other ingredients used in the recipe, such as oil, onion, garlic, ginger, and various spices. For example, oil is a source of energy and helps to absorb fat-soluble vitamins, while onions and garlic are good sources of vitamin C and have potential anti-inflammatory properties. Ginger is thought to have immune-boosting and anti-inflammatory properties, while the spices used in the dish may provide various health benefits depending on the specific spices used.
It is worth noting that the specific health benefits of Pumpkin potato curry will depend on the ingredients and preparation method used. To ensure that Pumpkin potato curry is a healthy and balanced part of your diet, it is important to pay attention to portion sizes and consider the overall nutritional content of your meals.