Here you can find very easy steps How to make Potato Soup recipe at home with ingredients ,Nutrition value and benefits of eating Potato Soup recipe
What is Potato Soup recipe
Potato soup recipe is a type of soup made with potatoes and a variety of other ingredients, such as onions, celery, carrots, and spices. It is often made with a broth or milk-based broth and may be garnished with a variety of ingredients, such as cheese, bacon, or herbs. Potato soup recipe may be served hot or cold and is often served with bread or crackers.
Recipe of Potato soup
Here is a basic recipe for potato soup:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups diced potatoes
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Melt the butter in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until it is translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for an additional minute.
- Stir in the celery and carrots, and cook for 5 minutes, or until the vegetables begin to soften.
- Add the chicken broth and potatoes to the pot. Bring the mixture to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer the soup for 20-30 minutes
Nutrition value of Potato Soup recipe
The nutritional value of potato soup recipe will depend on the specific ingredients and recipe used. In general, potatoes are a good source of nutrients and may provide a variety of health benefits. Some potential nutrients and benefits of potato soup may include:
- Potatoes are a good source of carbohydrates, which provide energy for the body.
- Potatoes also contain dietary fiber, which can help with digestion and weight management.
- Some versions of potato soup may also contain milk or cream, which can add protein and calcium to the dish.
- Additional ingredients such as onions, carrots, and celery can add additional vitamins and minerals to the soup.
- However, if the soup is high in butter or cream, it can also be high in saturated fat, which should be consumed in moderation.
- Homemade version of potato soup is healthier than the canned versions.
- It can be a low-calorie option if made with low-fat milk or broth and minimal added fat.
Benefits of drinking Potato Soup recipe
Potatoes are a good source of nutrients and may provide a variety of health benefits. Some potential benefits of drinking potato soup may include:
- Good source of carbohydrates: Potatoes are a good source of carbohydrates, which are an important source of energy for the body.
- Good source of potassium: Potatoes are a good source of potassium, which is important for maintaining healthy blood pressure and supporting healthy kidney function.
- Good source of vitamin C: Potatoes are a good source of vitamin C, which is important for supporting immune function and helping to protect cells from damage caused by free radicals.
- May support weight loss: Because potato soup is low in calories and high in fiber, it may be helpful for people trying to lose weight. Studies have shown that increasing intake of fiber can help with weight loss by helping you feel full and satisfied after eating, which may help reduce overall calorie intake.
- May have anti-inflammatory effects: Some studies have found that potatoes may have anti-inflammatory effects, which may help reduce inflammation in the body. Inflammation has been linked to a variety of health conditions, including heart disease and cancer.
It’s worth noting that the specific benefits of potato soup will depend on the ingredients and recipe used. Choosing a variety of vegetables and using healthy cooking methods can help maximize the nutritional value and potential health benefits of your soup.
Hope you enjoyed our post ” How to make Potato Soup recipe at home”