Here you can find very easy steps How to make Paneer Masala Recipe at home with ingredients ,Nutrition value and benefits of eating Paneer Masala Recipe
What is Paneer Masala recipe
Paneer Masala is a popular Indian dish made with paneer (Indian cheese) in a spicy tomato-based sauce. It is a flavorful and satisfying dish that is often served as a main course or as part of a larger meal. In this dish, the paneer is typically cooked in a sauce made with tomatoes, onions, and a variety of aromatic spices such as cumin, coriander, and garam masala. The finished dish is typically garnished with fresh herbs and spices such as cilantro and paprika, and is served hot with rice or roti.
Recipe of paneer masala
Here is a simple recipe for Paneer Masala:
- 1 pound paneer, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 1 cup water
- Fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Paprika, for garnish
- Heat the oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the onions and garlic and sauté until the onions are translucent.
- Add the cumin seeds, coriander seeds, garam masala, chili powder, and salt to the pan and stir to combine. Cook for an additional 1-2 minutes until the spices are fragrant.
- Add the paneer cubes to the pan and stir to coat with the spice mixture. Sauté for an additional 2-3 minutes, until the paneer is lightly browned.
- Add the tomato puree and water to the pan and stir to combine. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer, uncovered, for 5-7 minutes or until the sauce has thickened.
- Garnish the Paneer Masala with fresh cilantro and paprika, and serve hot with rice or roti. Enjoy!
Nutrition value for Paneer Masala recipe
The nutritional value of Paneer Masala will depend on the specific ingredients and recipe used. However, in general, Paneer Masala is a high-protein dish that is also a good source of other nutrients, such as calcium and iron.
One serving of Paneer Masala (about 3 ounces) made with homemade paneer may contain the following nutrients:
- Calories: 170-200
- Protein: 16-20 grams
- Fat: 8-10 grams
- Carbohydrates: 10-15 grams
- Fiber: 1-2 grams
- Calcium: 15-20% of the daily value (DV)
- Iron: 4-6% of the DV
It is important to note that these values may vary depending on the specific ingredients and preparation methods used. For example, Paneer Masala that is made with higher fat ingredients or served with high-fat accompaniments will have a higher fat content.
In addition to the nutrients listed above, Paneer Masala is also a good source of other vitamins and minerals, including vitamin A and vitamin C. The tomatoes used in the dish are a particularly good source of these nutrients.
Benefits of eating Paneer Masala recipe
Paneer Masala is a dish that can provide a number of potential health benefits because it is a good source of protein, calcium, and other nutrients. Some possible benefits of eating Paneer Masala include:
- Building and repairing tissues: Protein is an essential nutrient that helps to build and repair tissues in the body, including muscles, bones, and skin.
- Supporting muscle mass: Consuming sufficient amounts of protein can help to support muscle mass, especially in combination with regular exercise.
- Supporting bone health: Calcium, which is found in paneer, is an important nutrient for bone health. Adequate calcium intake is necessary for maintaining strong bones and preventing conditions like osteoporosis.
- Promoting healthy skin: The vitamins and minerals in Paneer Masala, such as vitamin A and vitamin C, may help to promote healthy skin by supporting collagen production and protecting against free radical damage.
- Boosting the immune system: The vitamins and minerals in Paneer Masala, such as vitamin A and vitamin C, may help to support the immune system and protect against illness.
- Supporting heart health: Tomatoes, which are a key ingredient in Paneer Masala, are a good source of fiber and are low in saturated fat, making them a helpful food for supporting heart health.
It’s important to note that while Paneer Masala can be a part of a healthy diet, it should be consumed in moderation as part of a balanced diet. As with any food, it is important to pay attention to portion sizes and to consider the other ingredients and preparation methods used.