Here you can find very easy steps How to make Paneer Korma Recipe at home with ingredients ,Nutrition value and benefits of eating Paneer Korma Recipe
What is Paneer Korma recipe
Paneer Korma is a popular Indian dish made with paneer (Indian cheese) in a rich and creamy sauce made with yogurt, cream, and a variety of aromatic spices such as cumin, coriander, and garam masala. It is typically served as a main course or as part of a larger meal, and is often garnished with fresh herbs and spices such as cilantro and paprika. Paneer Korma is a flavorful and indulgent dish that is enjoyed by many people around the world.
Recipe of paneer korma
Here is a simple recipe for Paneer Korma:
- 1 pound paneer, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Paprika, for garnish
- Heat the oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the onions and garlic and sauté until the onions are translucent.
- Add the cumin seeds, coriander seeds, garam masala, chili powder, and salt to the pan and stir to combine. Cook for an additional 1-2 minutes until the spices are fragrant.
- Add the paneer cubes to the pan and stir to coat with the spice mixture. Sauté for an additional 2-3 minutes, until the paneer is lightly browned.
- Add the yogurt and cream to the pan and stir to combine. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer, uncovered, for 5-7 minutes or until the sauce has thickened.
- Garnish the Paneer Korma with fresh cilantro and paprika, and serve hot with rice or roti. Enjoy!
Nutrition value of Paneer Korma recipe
The nutritional value of Paneer Korma will depend on the specific ingredients and recipe used. However, in general, Paneer Korma is a high-protein dish that is also a good source of other nutrients, such as calcium and iron.
One serving of Paneer Korma (about 3 ounces) made with homemade paneer may contain the following nutrients:
- Calories: 300-350
- Protein: 16-20 grams
- Fat: 25-30 grams
- Carbohydrates: 10-15 grams
- Fiber: 0-1 gram
- Calcium: 15-20% of the daily value (DV)
- Iron: 4-6% of the DV
It is important to note that these values may vary depending on the specific ingredients and preparation methods used. For example, Paneer Korma that is made with higher fat ingredients or served with high-fat accompaniments will have a higher fat content.
In addition to the nutrients listed above, Paneer Korma is also a good source of other vitamins and minerals, including vitamin A and vitamin C. The yogurt and cream used in the dish are also good sources of protein and calcium.
Benefits of eating Paneer Korma recipe
Paneer Korma is a dish that can provide a number of potential health benefits because it is a good source of protein, calcium, and other nutrients. Some possible benefits of eating Paneer Korma include:
- Building and repairing tissues: Protein is an essential nutrient that helps to build and repair tissues in the body, including muscles, bones, and skin.
- Supporting muscle mass: Consuming sufficient amounts of protein can help to support muscle mass, especially in combination with regular exercise.
- Supporting bone health: Calcium, which is found in paneer and in the yogurt and cream used in the dish, is an important nutrient for bone health. Adequate calcium intake is necessary for maintaining strong bones and preventing conditions like osteoporosis.
- Promoting healthy skin: The vitamins and minerals in Paneer Korma, such as vitamin A and vitamin C, may help to promote healthy skin by supporting collagen production and protecting against free radical damage.
- Boosting the immune system: The vitamins and minerals in Paneer Korma, such as vitamin A and vitamin C, may help to support the immune system and protect against illness.
It’s important to note that while Paneer Korma can be a part of a healthy diet, it should be consumed in moderation as part of a balanced diet. As with any food, it is important to pay attention to portion sizes and to consider the other ingredients and preparation methods used. Paneer Korma is a rich and indulgent dish that is high in fat, so it should be consumed in moderation.