Here you can find very easy steps How to make Palak ka Paratha recipe at home with ingredients ,Nutrition value and benefits of eating Palak ka Paratha Recipe
What is Palak ka paratha
Palak paratha is a type of flatbread that is popular in India and other parts of South Asia. It is made by stuffing a dough with a spiced spinach filling, then rolling it out and cooking it on a griddle. Palak paratha is often served for breakfast or as a snack, and it can be enjoyed with a variety of accompaniments, such as yogurt or chutney.
Recipe of Palak ka paratha
Here is a simple recipe for palak paratha:
Ingredients of palak ka paratha recipe:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups finely chopped spinach
- 2 tablespoons minced cilantro
- 1 tablespoon minced green chilies
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon amchur (dried mango powder)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Instructions for making palak ka paratha recipe:
- To make the dough, mix together the flour and salt in a large bowl. Add the water and 1/4 cup of the vegetable oil
- Knead the dough for 5-10 minutes, until it becomes smooth and elastic. Cover the dough with a damp cloth and set aside.
- To make the filling, mix together the chopped spinach, cilantro, green chilies, cumin seeds, coriander seeds, mustard seeds, garam masala, amchur, and salt in a separate bowl.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal pieces. Roll each piece into a ball and flatten it into a small disk.
- Place a spoonful of the spinach filling onto the center of each dough disk. Fold the edges of the dough over the filling to enclose it, then roll the dough out into a thin circle.
- Heat a griddle or frying pan over medium heat. Brush the griddle with some of the remaining vegetable oil.
- Place the paratha on the griddle and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, until golden brown. Repeat with the remaining dough and filling.
- Serve the paratha hot.
Nutritional value of Palak ka Paratha
The nutritional value of palak paratha will depend on the specific ingredients used and the serving size. Here is a rough estimate of the nutritional value of palak paratha based on the recipe I provided earlier:
Per serving (1 paratha, based on 8 servings):
- Calories: 284
- Total fat: 15 g
- Saturated fat: 2 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
- Sodium: 309 mg
- Total carbohydrate: 33 g
- Dietary fiber: 3 g
- Sugar: 1 g
- Protein: 5 g
This is only a rough estimate, and the actual nutritional value may vary depending on the specific ingredients used and the serving size. It’s always a good idea to check the nutritional information of any recipe you make to ensure that it fits your dietary needs and preferences.
Benefits of eating Palak ka Paratha
Eating palak paratha can be a tasty and convenient way to add some variety to your diet, but it is important to keep in mind that it is a high-calorie and high-fat food. Here are a few potential benefits of eating palak paratha:
- Provides energy: Palak paratha is made from flour, which is a source of carbohydrates. Carbohydrates are the body’s primary source of energy, so eating palak paratha can provide you with an energy boost.
- May contribute to a healthy diet: Depending on the ingredients used, palak paratha may contain some nutrients that are important for overall health. For example, spinach is a good source of fiber, vitamins, and minerals, and cilantro is a source of antioxidants.
- Can be a convenient and portable food: Palak paratha is easy to make and transport, making it a convenient food to take with you on the go.
However, it is important to keep in mind that palak paratha is a high-calorie and high-fat food, and it should be enjoyed in moderation as part of a balanced diet.