Here you can find very easy steps How to make Mutter Paneer recipe at home with ingredients ,Nutrition value and benefits of eating Mutter Paneer recipe
What is Mutter Paneer recipe
Mutter Paneer is a popular Indian dish made with paneer (Indian cheese) and green peas in a spiced tomato-based sauce. It is a flavorful and satisfying dish that is often served as a main course or as part of a larger meal. In this dish, the paneer and green peas are cooked in a sauce made with tomatoes, onions, and a variety of aromatic spices such as cumin, coriander, and garam masala. The finished dish is typically garnished with fresh herbs and spices such as cilantro and paprika, and is served hot with rice or roti.
Recipe of mutter paneer
Here is a simple recipe for Mutter Paneer:
- 1 pound paneer, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup green peas
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 1 cup water
- Fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Paprika, for garnish
- Heat the oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the onions and garlic and sauté until the onions are translucent.
- Add the cumin seeds, coriander seeds, garam masala, chili powder, and salt to the pan and stir to combine. Cook for an additional 1-2 minutes until the spices are fragrant.
- Add the paneer cubes and green peas to the pan and stir to coat with the spice mixture. Sauté for an additional 2-3 minutes, until the paneer is lightly browned.
- Add the tomato puree and water to the pan and stir to combine. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer, uncovered, for 5-7 minutes or until the sauce has thickened.
- Garnish the Mutter Paneer with fresh cilantro and paprika, and serve hot with rice or roti. Enjoy!
Nutrition value for Mutter Paneer recipe
The nutritional value of Mutter Paneer will depend on the specific ingredients and recipe used. However, in general, Mutter Paneer is a high-protein dish that is also a good source of other nutrients, such as calcium and iron.
One serving of Mutter Paneer (about 3 ounces) made with homemade paneer may contain the following nutrients:
- Calories: 170-200
- Protein: 16-20 grams
- Fat: 8-10 grams
- Carbohydrates: 10-15 grams
- Fiber: 2-3 grams
- Calcium: 15-20% of the daily value (DV)
- Iron: 4-6% of the DV
It is important to note that these values may vary depending on the specific ingredients and preparation methods used. For example, Mutter Paneer that is made with higher fat ingredients or served with high-fat accompaniments will have a higher fat content.
In addition to the nutrients listed above, Mutter Paneer is also a good source of other vitamins and minerals, including vitamin A and vitamin C. The tomatoes used in the dish are a particularly good source of these nutrients, and the green peas are a good source of fiber.
Benefits of eating Mutter Paneer recipe
Mutter paneer is a popular dish in Indian cuisine made with paneer (a type of cheese) and green peas in a tomato-based sauce. It is a good source of protein and can be a nutritious addition to a well-balanced diet. Here are some potential benefits of eating mutter paneer:
- Protein: Paneer is a good source of protein, which is important for maintaining and repairing tissues in the body.
- Iron: Green peas, which are a key ingredient in mutter paneer, are a good source of iron. Iron is an essential mineral that helps transport oxygen throughout the body.
- Fiber: Green peas are also a good source of fiber, which can help support digestion and prevent constipation.
- Vitamins and minerals: Green peas are a good source of vitamins and minerals, including vitamins A, C, and K, as well as folate and manganese.
It’s important to keep in mind that while mutter paneer can be a nutritious and tasty addition to a well-balanced diet, it should be consumed in moderation as part of a varied and balanced diet.