Here you can find very easy steps How to make Malai Palak Recipe at home with ingredients ,Nutrition value and benefits of eating Malai Palak Recipe
What is Malai Palak recipe
Malai Palak recipe is a popular Indian dish made with paneer (Indian cheese) and spinach. It is a creamy and flavorful dish that is often served as part of a larger meal or as an appetizer. In this dish, the paneer is typically cooked in a rich and creamy sauce made with spinach, milk, and a variety of aromatic spices such as cumin, coriander, and garam masala. The finished dish is typically garnished with fresh cilantro and served hot.
Recipe of Malai Palak
Here is a simple recipe for Malai Palak:
- 1 pound paneer, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups chopped spinach
- Fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Heat the oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the onions and garlic and sauté until the onions are translucent.
- Add the cumin seeds, coriander seeds, garam masala, chili powder, and salt to the pan and stir to combine. Cook for an additional 1-2 minutes until the spices are fragrant.
- Add the paneer cubes to the pan and stir to coat with the spice mixture. Sauté for an additional 2-3 minutes, until the paneer is lightly browned.
- Add the milk and spinach to the pan and stir to combine. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer, uncovered, for 5-7 minutes or until the sauce has thickened.
Garnish the Malai Palak with fresh cilantro and serve hot with rice or roti. Enjoy
Nutrition value of Malai Palak recipe
The nutritional value of Malai Palak will depend on the specific ingredients and recipe used. However, in general, Malai Palak is a high-protein dish that is also a good source of other nutrients, such as calcium and iron.
One serving of Malai Palak (about 3 ounces) made with homemade paneer may contain the following nutrients:
- Calories: 170-200
- Protein: 16-20 grams
- Fat: 8-10 grams
- Carbohydrates: 10-15 grams
- Fiber: 1-2 grams
- Calcium: 15-20% of the daily value (DV)
- Iron: 4-6% of the DV
It is important to note that these values may vary depending on the specific ingredients and preparation methods used. For example, Malai Palak that is made with higher fat ingredients or served with high-fat accompaniments will have a higher fat content.
In addition to the nutrients listed above, Malai Palak is also a good source of other vitamins and minerals, including vitamin A, vitamin C, and potassium.
Benefits of eating Malai Palak recipe
Malai Palak is a dish that can provide a number of potential health benefits because it is a good source of protein, calcium, and other nutrients. Some possible benefits of eating Malai Palak include:
- Building and repairing tissues: Protein is an essential nutrient that helps to build and repair tissues in the body, including muscles, bones, and skin.
- Supporting muscle mass: Consuming sufficient amounts of protein can help to support muscle mass, especially in combination with regular exercise.
- Supporting bone health: Calcium, which is found in paneer, is an important nutrient for bone health. Adequate calcium intake is necessary for maintaining strong bones and preventing conditions like osteoporosis.
- Boosting the immune system: Spinach is a good source of vitamin A and vitamin C, which are antioxidants that help to support the immune system and protect against illness.
- Promoting heart health: Spinach is a good source of fiber and is low in saturated fat, making it a helpful food for supporting heart health.
It’s important to note that while Malai Palak can be a part of a healthy diet, it should be consumed in moderation as part of a balanced diet. As with any food, it is important to pay attention to portion sizes and to consider the other ingredients and preparation methods used.