Here you can find very easy steps How to make Malai kofta recipe at home with ingredients ,Nutrition value and benefits of eating Malai kofta recipe
What is Malai kofta recipe recipe
Malai kofta recipe is a popular Indian dish made with dumplings (called koftas) that are typically made from a mixture of grated vegetables and paneer (a type of Indian cheese). The koftas are then coated in a rich and creamy tomato-based sauce, made with a blend of aromatic spices and seasonings. Malai kofta recipe is often served with rice or naan bread and is a delicious and flavorful vegetarian option. It is a popular choice for special occasions and celebrations in Indian cuisine
Recipe of Malai kofta
Here is a recipe for Malai kofta that serves 4-6 people:
Malai Kofta recipe Ingredients:
- 1 cup grated paneer
- 1 cup grated vegetables (such as potatoes, carrots, or zucchini)
- 2 tablespoons besan (chickpea flour)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt, to taste
- Oil, for frying
Sauce for Malai kofta Recipe:
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Salt, to taste
- Chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish
Instructions how to prepare Malai kofta recipe:
- To make the koftas, mix together the paneer, grated vegetables, besan, cilantro, garam masala, cumin, coriander, cayenne pepper, and salt in a bowl. Form the mixture into small balls and set aside.
- Heat a few inches of oil in a deep fryer or heavy-bottomed pot over medium-high heat. When the oil is hot, carefully add the kofta balls to the oil and fry them until they are golden brown, about 5-7 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to remove the koftas from the oil and drain them on a paper towel-lined plate.
- To make the sauce, heat the butter in a large pan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until it is softened and translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic, ginger, cumin seeds, coriander seeds, garam masala, and cayenne pepper to the pan and cook for 1-2 minutes more, or until fragrant.
- Add the tomato sauce to the pan and stir to combine with the spice mixture. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 5-10 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened slightly.
- Stir in the heavy cream and season with salt to taste. Bring the sauce to a simmer and cook for 5-10 minutes more, or until it has thickened to your desired consistency.
- To serve, place the koftas in a serving dish and pour the sauce over them. Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve hot with rice or naan bread on the side. Enjoy!
Nutrition value of Malai kofta recipe
Malai kofta recipe is a type of Indian dish made with balls of mashed vegetables and paneer (a type of cheese) that are fried and served in a creamy tomato-based sauce. The nutritional value of Malai kofta recipe will depend on the specific ingredients used and the portion size. In general, paneer is a good source of protein and calcium, and it is also a good source of certain vitamins and minerals, such as phosphorus and vitamin B12. The vegetables in the kofta may provide additional nutrients, such as fiber, vitamins, and minerals. The tomato-based sauce in Malai kofta recipe may provide additional nutrients, such as vitamin C, potassium, and lycopene. However, Malai kofta recipe is often served with rice or bread, which can add additional calories and carbohydrates to the dish. It is also typically made with cream, which can contribute to the dish’s fat and calorie content. It is best to enjoy Malai kofta recipe in moderation as part of a balanced diet.
Benefits of eating Malai kofta recipe
Malai kofta recipe is a delicious and flavorful Indian dish made with dumplings (called koftas) that are typically made from a mixture of grated vegetables and paneer (a type of Indian cheese). Some potential benefits of eating Malai kofta recipe include:
- Good source of protein: Paneer is a good source of protein, which is important for maintaining strong muscles and supporting overall health.
- Rich in vitamins and minerals: Grated vegetables, such as potatoes, carrots, and zucchini, are rich in a variety of vitamins and minerals, including vitamins A, C, and K, and potassium.
- High in fiber: Grated vegetables are a good source of fiber, which can help to support digestive health and prevent constipation.
- Delicious and satisfying: Malai kofta recipe is a flavorful and satisfying dish that can be enjoyed as a main course or as part of a larger spread of Indian dishes. It is a delicious way to incorporate more vegetables into your diet.
- Versatile ingredient: Malai kofta recipe can be served with a variety of side dishes, including rice and naan bread, making it a versatile choice for meal planning.