Here you can find very easy steps How to make Coriander Rice recipe Recipe at home with ingredients ,Nutrition value and benefits of eating Coriander Rice recipe Recipe
What is Coriander Rice recipe
Coriander rice recipe is a type of rice dish that is made with aromatic spices and herbs, such as coriander and cumin. It is a flavorful and aromatic dish that is easy to make and can be a convenient option for a quick meal. The specific ingredients used in coriander rice may vary, but it is typically made with a combination of ingredients such as rice, coriander leaves, cumin, and other aromatic spices. Coriander rice is often served as a main course or as a side dish to accompany other dishes. It is a popular choice in Indian cuisine, but it is also enjoyed in other parts of the world.
Recipe of Coriander Rice
Here is a recipe for coriander rice:
Ingredients for making Coriander Rice recipe:
- 2 cups basmati rice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped coriander leaves
- 2 cups water
Instructions for making Coriander Rice recipe:
- Rinse the rice in cold water and soak it in water for 30 minutes. Drain the rice and set it aside.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large pan or wok over medium heat. Add the cumin seeds and cook until they begin to sizzle.
- Add the diced onion and cook until it is translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the grated ginger and minced garlic, and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the turmeric, cumin, coriander, and salt, and cook for an additional minute.
- Add the chopped coriander leaves to the pan and cook for 1-2 minutes until they are wilted.
- Add the drained rice to the pan and stir to combine with the coriander leaves.
- Pour in the water, and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover the pan with a lid, and simmer for 20-25 minutes until the rice is cooked and the liquid has been absorbed.
- Fluff the rice with a fork and serve the coriander rice hot.
I hope you enjoy this recipe!
Nutritional value of Coriander Rice recipe
Here is a summary of some of the key nutrients that coriander rice recipe may provide, depending on the specific ingredients used:
- Carbohydrates: Rice is a good source of carbohydrates, which provide energy for the body. The amount of carbohydrates in coriander rice will depend on the portion size and the ratio of rice to other ingredients.
- Protein: Coriander rice recipe may provide a moderate amount of protein, due to the presence of rice. Protein is an essential nutrient that helps to build and repair tissues in the body. The protein content will depend on the portion size.
- Fiber: Coriander rice recipe may provide a small amount of fiber, due to the presence of rice and coriander leaves. Fiber is a type of carbohydrate that helps to support digestive health. The amount of fiber in the dish will depend on the portion size.
- Vitamins and minerals: Coriander leaves are a good source of vitamin K, and they also contain small amounts of other vitamins and minerals.
It’s important to note that the nutrient content of coriander rice recipe will vary depending on the specific ingredients used and the portion size. To ensure that you are getting a wide range of nutrients, it’s a good idea to choose a variety of ingredients and to pay attention to portion sizes.
Benefits of eating coriander rice recipe
There are several potential benefits of eating coriander rice recipe:
- Coriander is a good source of antioxidants, which can help to protect cells from damage caused by free radicals.
- Coriander may have anti-inflammatory properties, which may help to reduce inflammation in the body and reduce the risk of certain diseases.
- Coriander is a good source of dietary fiber, which can help to support digestive health and may help to prevent constipation.
- Coriander is a good source of vitamins and minerals, including vitamins C and K, and minerals such as calcium, iron, and magnesium.
- Coriander may have a number of other potential health benefits, including the ability to lower blood sugar levels and reduce the risk of heart disease.
Overall, adding coriander to your diet, including in dishes like coriander rice, may provide a number of potential health benefits. As with any food, it is important to consume coriander in moderation as part of a balanced diet.
Hope you enjoyed our post “ How to make Coriander Rice recipe at home”