Here you can find very easy steps How to make Chicken Musallam Recipe at home with ingredients ,Nutrition value and benefits of eating Chicken Musallam Recipe
What is Chicken musallam
Chicken musallam is a traditional Middle Eastern dish that is made with whole chicken that is typically stuffed with rice and cooked with spices. The chicken is usually cooked in a flavorful broth and served with the broth and rice as a part of the dish.
Here is a recipe for chicken musallam that serves 6-8 people:
Ingredients for making Chicken Musallam Recipe:
- 1 large whole chicken (about 4-5 pounds)
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Salt to taste
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup raisins (optional)
Instructions for making Chicken Musalla Recipe:
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Wash and dry the chicken.
- In a small saucepan, cook the rice according to package instructions.
- In a separate pan, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onions and garlic and cook until the onions are translucent.
- Add the cumin, coriander, turmeric, cinnamon, allspice, cardamom, black pepper, and salt to the pan and stir to combine.
- Stuff the cooked rice into the cavity of the chicken.
- Place the chicken in a baking dish and pour the broth over the top.
- Bake the chicken in the preheated oven for 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F (74°C).
- If desired, add the raisins to the baking dish during the last 10-15 minutes of cooking.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and let it rest for 10-15 minutes before carving and serving.
Nutritional value of chicken musallam recipe
The nutritional value of chicken musallam will depend on the specific ingredients and portion size. Here is a rough estimate of the nutritional content of a typical chicken musallam dish:
- Calories: 400-500 per serving
- Protein: 30-40 grams per serving
- Fat: 20-30 grams per serving
- Carbohydrates: 40-50 grams per serving
- Fiber: 3-4 grams per serving
- Vitamin A: 10-20% of the daily value (DV)
- Vitamin C: 20-30% of the DV
- Iron: 10-20% of the DV
It’s important to note that these values are estimates and may vary depending on the specific ingredients used and the portion size. It’s always a good idea to check the nutrition label or ask the chef for more information if you are concerned about the nutritional content of a particular dish.
Benefit of eating Chicken musallam
Chicken musallam is a traditional Middle Eastern dish that is made with whole chicken that is typically stuffed with rice and cooked with spices. There are several potential benefits to eating chicken musallam:
- Protein: Chicken is a good source of protein, which is essential for maintaining and repairing tissues in the body. Protein is also important for building and maintaining muscle mass.
- Nutrients: Chicken musallam is typically made with a variety of vegetables and spices, which can provide a range of essential vitamins and minerals. For example, onions and garlic are good sources of vitamin C, while spices like turmeric and cinnamon have antioxidant properties.
- Flavor: Chicken musallam is a flavorful and aromatic dish that can be enjoyed as part of a balanced diet. The combination of chicken, rice, and spices can make for a satisfying and delicious meal.
- Convenience: Chicken musallam is a dish that can be made in advance and reheated as needed, making it a convenient option for busy people.
It’s important to note that the nutritional content of chicken musallam will depend on the specific ingredients used and the portion size. As with any food, it’s important to eat chicken musallam in moderation as part of a balanced diet.
I hope you enjoy this recipe for chicken musallam recipe!