Here you can find very easy steps How to make Butter Chicken Recipe at home with ingredients ,Nutrition value and benefits of eating Butter Chicken Recipe
Butter chicken, also known as murgh makhani, is a popular Indian dish made with boneless pieces of chicken that are cooked in a rich and creamy tomato-based sauce. The sauce is typically made with a mixture of butter, heavy cream, and a blend of aromatic spices such as garam masala, cumin, and coriander. The chicken is usually marinated in yogurt and spices before being cooked in the sauce, which helps to tenderize the meat and add flavor. Butter chicken is typically served with rice or flatbread and is a popular choice at Indian restaurants around the world.
Here is a recipe for making butter chicken at home:
Ingredients for making Butter Chicken Recipe:
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Fresh cilantro, for serving
Instructions for making Butter Chicken Recipe:
- In a large bowl, combine the yogurt, garam masala, cumin, paprika, turmeric, and salt. Add the chicken pieces and stir to coat evenly. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, or up to 24 hours.
- Preheat a large pan or skillet over medium heat. Add the butter and onion and cook until the onion is softened, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for an additional minute.
- Add the diced tomatoes and bring to a simmer. Add the marinated chicken and cook for 10-12 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Stir in the heavy cream and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes, until the sauce is thickened and heated through.
- Serve the butter chicken hot, with rice or flatbread and fresh cilantro for garnish. Enjoy!
Nutrition value of butter chicken
The nutrition value of butter chicken will depend on the specific ingredients and amounts used in the recipe. Here is a rough estimate of the nutrition value for one serving of butter chicken made with the recipe above (assuming 4 servings per recipe and using the ingredients listed):
- Calories: 358
- Total fat: 19 g
- Saturated fat: 11 g
- Cholesterol: 107 mg
- Sodium: 627 mg
- Total carbohydrates: 12 g
- Dietary fiber: 2 g
- Sugars: 7 g
- Protein: 35 g
This is a rough estimate and the actual nutrition value may vary based on the specific ingredients used and the serving size. It is always a good idea to consult a nutritionist or a registered dietitian for more accurate information on the nutrition value of any dish.
It is important to note that while butter chicken can be a tasty and satisfying dish, it is relatively high in fat and calories due to the use of butter and heavy cream in the sauce. It is important to enjoy butter chicken in moderation as part of a balanced diet, and to pay attention to portion sizes.
Benefit of eating butter chicken
Butter chicken can be a good source of protein, as it is made with boneless chicken breasts. Protein is an important nutrient that helps to build and repair tissues in the body and is necessary for a healthy metabolism.
However, it is important to note that butter chicken is relatively high in fat and calories due to the use of butter and heavy cream in the sauce. While moderate amounts of these nutrients can be a part of a healthy diet, it is important to pay attention to portion sizes and to balance your intake of high-fat and high-calorie foods with other healthier options.
In addition to protein, butter chicken may also provide some other nutrients, including:
- B vitamins: Chicken is a good source of several B vitamins, which are important for energy production, nervous system function, and the metabolism of carbohydrates, proteins, and fats.
- Iron: Chicken is a good source of iron, which is necessary for the production of red blood cells and the transport of oxygen throughout the body.
- Selenium: Chicken is a good source of selenium, a trace mineral that is important for immune system function and thyroid health.
It is always a good idea to consult a registered dietitian or a nutritionist for specific information on the nutrients and potential health benefits of any dish.