Here you can find very easy steps How to make Brown rice vegetable pulao recipe at home with ingredients ,Nutrition value and benefits of eating Brown rice vegetable pulao recipe
What is brown rice vegetable pulao recipe
Brown rice vegetable pulao recipe is a rice dish made with brown rice and a variety of vegetables. It is seasoned with spices such as cumin and coriander and is typically garnished with fresh herbs like cilantro. Pulao is a type of rice dish that is popular in Indian and Middle Eastern cuisine, and it is often made with long-grain rice and a mixture of vegetables, meats, and spices. The term “pulao” is used to describe a variety of rice dishes that are made in a similar way, with the main ingredients being rice and a mix of vegetables or meat. Brown rice vegetable pulao recipe is a healthy and flavorful dish that is perfect for a vegetarian main course or as a side dish to accompany a protein like chicken or lamb.
Recipe of brown rice vegetable pulao
Here is a recipe for brown rice vegetable pulao:
Ingredients of Brown rice vegetable pulao recipe
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup mixed vegetables (such as carrots, peas, bell peppers, and corn)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- Salt, to taste
- Chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish (optional)
Instructions “how to make brown rice vegetable pulao recipe”
- Rinse the brown rice in a fine-mesh sieve and add it to a medium saucepan with the water. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 45 minutes, or until the water is absorbed and the rice is tender.
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan or wok over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until the onion is translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the mixed vegetables and cook for an additional 5 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
- Stir in the cumin, coriander, and salt. Add the cooked brown rice and stir to combine.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro, if desired, and serve hot.
I hope you enjoy this recipe! Let me know if you have any questions or if you’d like any substitutions or variations.
Nutritional value of brown rice vegetable pulao
The nutritional value of brown rice vegetable pulao will depend on the specific ingredients and quantities used, as well as any additional toppings or accompaniments. Here is a rough estimate of the nutritional value of a serving of brown rice vegetable pulao made with 1 cup of uncooked brown rice, 1 cup of mixed vegetables, and 1 tablespoon of olive oil:
- Calories: approximately 400 calories
- Protein: approximately 8 grams
- Fat: approximately 15 grams
- Carbohydrates: approximately 70 grams
- Fiber: approximately 5 grams
Brown rice is a good source of complex carbohydrates, fiber, and a variety of vitamins and minerals. It is lower in calories and higher in nutrients compared to white rice. Vegetables are also a good source of nutrients, including vitamins, minerals, and fiber. In general, brown rice vegetable pulao can be a healthy and nutritious meal, especially if you choose a variety of vegetables with different colors and textures. However, keep in mind that the actual nutritional value of your brown rice vegetable pulao may vary depending on the specific ingredients and quantities you use.
Benefits of eating brown rice vegetable pulao
There are several potential benefits to eating brown rice vegetable pulao:
- Provides nutrients: Brown rice and vegetables are both good sources of various nutrients, including complex carbohydrates, fiber, vitamins, and minerals.
- May support weight management: Brown rice has a lower glycemic index compared to white rice, which means it is absorbed more slowly by the body and may help to keep you feeling full and satisfied for longer. This, in turn, may support weight management.
- May support heart health: The fiber, minerals, and plant compounds found in brown rice and vegetables may help to support heart health by reducing cholesterol levels and maintaining healthy blood pressure.
- May support digestive health: The fiber in brown rice and vegetables can help to support the health of the digestive system by promoting regular bowel movements and helping to prevent constipation.
- May support blood sugar control: The lower glycemic index of brown rice may help to support blood sugar control in people with diabetes or at risk of developing diabetes.Top of Form
Hope you enjoyed our post “ How to make Brown rice vegetable pulao recipe at home”