Here you can find very easy steps How to make Baingan ka Bhartha Recipe at home with ingredients ,Nutrition value and benefits of eating Baingan ka Bhartha Recipe
What is Baingan ka Bhartha
Bhartha is a traditional Indian dish made with roasted eggplants as the main ingredient. It is often served with roti or rice and is a popular vegetarian option in Indian cuisine. The eggplants are typically roasted over an open flame or on a stovetop until they are soft and tender, and then they are mashed and mixed with a variety of spices and seasonings to create the flavorful bhartha dish. It is a delicious and satisfying meal that can be enjoyed on its own or as part of a larger spread of Indian dishes.
Recipe of Baingan ka Bharatha
Here is a recipe for Baingan ka Bharatha that serves 4-6 people:
- 3 medium eggplants
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Salt, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Prick the eggplants all over with a fork and place them on a baking sheet. Roast the eggplants in the preheated oven for 30-40 minutes, or until they are tender and the skin is starting to blacken and blister.
- Remove the eggplants from the oven and set them aside to cool. Once they are cool enough to handle, peel off the skin and discard it. Mash the flesh of the eggplants with a fork or potato masher and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until it is softened and translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic, cumin seeds, coriander seeds, turmeric, and cayenne pepper to the pan and cook for 1-2 minutes more, or until fragrant.
- Add the mashed eggplant to the pan and stir to combine with the spice mixture. Add the tomato sauce and stir to coat the eggplant evenly.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer the bhartha for 10-15 minutes, or until the flavors have melded and the sauce has thickened slightly.
- Stir in the cilantro and season with salt to taste. Serve the bhartha hot, with roti or rice on the side. Enjoy!
Nutritional value of Baingan ka Bharatha
Baingan ka Bharatha recipe, also known as eggplant bharta, is a type of Indian dish made with roasted and mashed eggplant, spices, and other ingredients such as onions, tomatoes, and herbs. The nutritional value of Baingan ka Bharatha recipe will depend on the specific ingredients used and the portion size.
Eggplant is a good source of dietary fiber and contains several important nutrients, including vitamin C, potassium, and manganese. It is also a low-calorie food, with a medium-sized eggplant (about 1 cup, or 150 grams) providing only 35 calories. In addition to these nutrients, eggplant also contains small amounts of folate, vitamin K, and vitamin B6. It is also a good source of antioxidants, which may help protect against certain types of chronic diseases.
The other ingredients used in Baingan ka Bharatha recipe, such as onions, tomatoes, and herbs, may provide additional nutrients, such as vitamin C, potassium, and antioxidants. However, Baingan ka Bharatha is often served with rice or bread, which can add additional calories and carbohydrates to the dish. It is best to enjoy Baingan ka Bharatha recipe in moderation as part of a balanced diet.
Benefits of eating Baingan ka bhartha
Baingan ka bhartha recipe is a traditional Indian dish made with roasted eggplants, which are a nutritious and versatile vegetable. Some potential benefits of eating Baingan ka bhartha recipe include:
- Low in calories: Baingan ka bhartha is made with roasted eggplants, which are low in calories, with only about 25 calories per 100 grams. This makes Baingan ka bhartha a good choice for people trying to manage their weight.
- High in fiber: Eggplants are a good source of fiber, which can help to support digestive health and prevent constipation.
- Rich in antioxidants: Eggplants contain a variety of antioxidants, including nasunin, which is found in the skin of the eggplant and is thought to have anti-inflammatory properties.
- May support heart health: Some studies have suggested that eggplants may help to lower cholesterol levels and reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Delicious and satisfying: Baingan ka bhartha is a flavorful and satisfying dish that can be enjoyed as a main course or as part of a larger spread of Indian dishes. It is a delicious way to incorporate eggplants into your diet.