Here you can find very easy steps How to make Aloo chokha recipe at home with ingredients ,Nutrition value and benefits of eating Aloo chokha Recipe
What is Aloo chokha
Aloo chokha aslo called Aloo ka chokha is a popular dish in Bihar and eastern Uttar Pradesh, India. It is made with boiled and mashed potatoes mixed with spices and often served with roti or paratha. Here is a simple recipe for making aloo chokha:
Recipe of Aloo chokha
here we go “How To Make Aloo Chokha Recipe At Home”
- 3 medium potatoes
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- Salt, to taste
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Chopped cilantro, for garnish
- Boil the potatoes until they are tender, then peel and mash them.
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the cumin seeds, mustard seeds, and fennel seeds and let them sizzle for a few seconds.
- Add the mashed potatoes to the pan and stir to combine with the spices.
- Add the cumin powder, coriander powder, red chili powder, and salt to the pan and stir to coat the potatoes evenly.
- Cook the potatoes for 5-7 minutes, or until they are heated through and the spices are well incorporated.
- Garnish the aloo chokha with chopped cilantro and serve hot with roti or paratha. Enjoy!
Note: You can also add additional ingredients such as onions, garlic, or green chili to the aloo chokha for added flavor. Adjust the spices to your liking.
Nutritional value of aloo chokha
The nutritional value of aloo chokha will depend on the specific ingredients used in the recipe and the portion size. Here is a rough estimate of the nutritional value of aloo chokha based on a recipe that includes 3 medium potatoes, 1 teaspoon of each cumin seeds, mustard seeds, fennel seeds, cumin powder, coriander powder, red chili powder, and 2 tablespoons of oil:
- Calories: approximately 300-400 calories per serving
- Protein: approximately 6-8 grams per serving
- Fat: approximately 20-25 grams per serving
- Carbohydrates: approximately 40-50 grams per serving
- Fiber: approximately 4-6 grams per serving
- Vitamin C: approximately 25% of the recommended daily value (DV) per serving
- Vitamin B6: approximately 15% of the DV per serving
- Potassium: approximately 20% of the DV per serving
- Iron: approximately 10% of the DV per serving
Note: These values are estimates and may vary depending on the specific ingredients used in the recipe and the portion size. It is always a good idea to consult with a healthcare professional or registered dietitian to determine the appropriate balance of nutrients for your individual needs.
Hope you are enjoying “How To Make Aloo Chokha Recipe At Home”
Health Benefit of eating aloo chokha
Aloo chokha is a dish made with boiled and mashed potatoes that are mixed with spices and often served with roti or paratha. Here are some potential benefits of consuming aloo chokha as part of a balanced diet:
- Potatoes are a good source of nutrients such as vitamin C, potassium, and fiber. These nutrients can help to support overall health and well-being.
- Aloo chokha is a plant-based dish that is low in cholesterol and saturated fat, making it a heart-healthy choice.
- The spices used in aloo chokha, such as cumin, mustard seeds, and coriander, can add flavor and nutrition to the dish. These spices may have potential health benefits such as aiding in digestion, reducing inflammation, and boosting the immune system.
- Aloo chokha can be a satisfying and filling meal, which may help to prevent overeating or snacking on unhealthy foods.
It is important to remember that aloo chokha should be consumed as part of a balanced diet that includes a variety of nutrient-rich foods. It is also important to pay attention to portion sizes and to consume aloo chokha in moderation.