Here you can find very easy steps How to make Aloo Capsicum recipe at home with ingredients ,Nutrition value and benefits of eating Aloo Capsicum recipe
What is Aloo Capsicum
Aloo Capsicum is an Indian dish made with potatoes and capsicum (bell peppers). It is typically served as a side dish with a main meal and is often enjoyed as a snack or appetizer as well.
Recipe of Aloo Capsicum
To make Aloo Capsicum, you will need the following ingredients:
- 2 medium-sized potatoes, cut into small cubes
- 1 medium-sized capsicum, cut into small cubes
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- Salt, to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
Instructions How to prepare Aloo capsicum recipe
To prepare the dish, start by heating the oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the cumin seeds, mustard seeds, coriander seeds, and fennel seeds, and cook for a few seconds until fragrant.
Add the red chili flakes, turmeric powder, garam masala, and salt to the pan, and stir to combine. Add the potatoes and capsicum to the pan and stir until they are coated in the spice mixture.
Reduce the heat to low and cover the pan. Cook the potatoes and capsicum for 10-15 minutes, or until they are tender. Stir occasionally to prevent the vegetables from sticking to the pan.
Nutrition Value of aloo Capsicum recipe
Here is the approximate nutrient value per serving (based on the ingredients listed above) of Aloo Capsicum, a popular Indian dish made with potatoes and capsicum:
- Calories: 150
- Protein: 3 grams
- Fat: 7 grams
- Carbohydrates: 20 grams
- Fiber: 3 grams
- Sodium: 300 milligrams
It is important to note that the actual nutrient value of Aloo Capsicum may vary slightly depending on the specific ingredients and portion sizes used. This nutrient value does not include any additional ingredients or sides that may be served with the dish.
In terms of micronutrients, Aloo Capsicum is a good source of vitamin C, with each serving providing approximately 50 milligrams of vitamin C. Vitamin C is an important antioxidant that helps to support the immune system and promote healthy skin. Aloo Capsicum is also a good source of potassium, with each serving providing approximately 400 milligrams of potassium. Potassium is an important mineral that helps to regulate heart function, maintain proper fluid balance in the body, and support healthy muscle function.
Overall, Aloo Capsicum is a flavorful and satisfying dish that can be a part of a healthy diet when consumed in appropriate portion sizes. It is important to remember to balance your intake of nutrients and to choose a variety of foods to ensure that you are getting all of the nutrients your body needs to function at its best.
Benefits of eating Aloo Capsicum
Here are some potential benefits of eating Aloo Capsicum, a popular Indian dish made with potatoes and capsicum:
- Good source of nutrients: Potatoes and capsicum are both good sources of several essential nutrients. Potatoes are a good source of potassium, vitamin C, and vitamin B6, while capsicum is a good source of vitamin C and vitamin A. Both vegetables also contain small amounts of other important micronutrients, such as iron and magnesium.
- Low in calories: A serving of Aloo Capsicum made with the ingredients listed above is relatively low in calories, with approximately 150 calories per serving. This makes it a good choice for individuals who are looking to control their calorie intake.
- Filling: Potatoes and capsicum are both good sources of fiber, which can help to keep you feeling full and satisfied. This can be helpful for weight management and may also help to reduce the risk of overeating.
- Versatile: Aloo Capsicum can be served as a side dish with a main meal or enjoyed as a snack or appetizer. It is easy to make and can be customized to suit your taste preferences.
It is important to note that while Aloo Capsicum can be a nutritious and satisfying part of a healthy diet, it should be consumed in appropriate portion sizes. It is also important to balance your intake of nutrients and choose a variety of foods to ensure that you are getting all of the nutrients your body needs to function at its best.