Here you can find very easy steps How to make Chicken Mughlai Recipe at home with ingredients ,Nutrition value and benefits of eating Chicken Mughlai Recipe
What is Chicken Mughlai Recipe
Chicken Mughlai is a popular Indian dish that is made with tender chicken, aromatic spices, and a creamy sauce. It is typically served with rice or naan bread, and is often garnished with chopped fresh cilantro. The name “Mughlai” refers to the Mughal Empire, which ruled over much of India from the 16th to the 19th centuries and had a significant influence on Indian cuisine.
Chicken Mughlai is often made with boneless, skinless chicken breasts that are cut into small pieces and cooked in a mixture of ghee or oil, onions, ginger and garlic paste, and a variety of aromatic spices such as cumin, coriander, garam masala, turmeric, and paprika. The chicken is then simmered in a sauce made with tomato puree and heavy cream.
Chicken Mughlai is a flavorful and aromatic dish that is perfect for special occasions or for a delicious meal at home. It is relatively easy to make, and there are many variations of the recipe that allow you to customize it to your taste.
Here is a recipe for Chicken Mughlai:
Ingredients for making Chicken Mughlai Recipe:
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp ghee or oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Salt to taste
- Chopped fresh cilantro for garnish
Instructions for making Chicken Mughlai Recipe:
- Cut the chicken breasts into small pieces.
- Heat the ghee or oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onions and cook until they are translucent.
- Add the ginger and garlic paste and cook for another minute.
- Add the cumin seeds, coriander seeds, garam masala, turmeric, and paprika. Cook for another minute, stirring constantly.
- Add the chicken to the pan and cook until it is cooked through.
- Add the tomato puree and bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the heavy cream and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Season with salt to taste.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve hot with rice or naan.
Nutrition value of Chicken Mughlai
The nutrition value of Chicken Mughlai will depend on the specific ingredients and portion size of the dish. However, here are some general nutrition facts that may be helpful:
- Chicken is a good source of protein, with a 3.5-ounce (100-gram) serving containing about 26 grams of protein. It is also a good source of various vitamins and minerals, including B vitamins, iron, and zinc.
- Ghee or oil is high in fat, with a 1-tablespoon serving containing about 120 calories and 14 grams of fat. It is also high in cholesterol, with a serving containing about 30 milligrams.
- Onions are a good source of antioxidants and contain a variety of vitamins and minerals, including vitamin C, folate, and potassium. They are relatively low in calories, with a 1-cup serving containing about 64 calories.
- Tomato puree is a good source of vitamin C and lycopene, an antioxidant that has been linked to a number of health benefits. It is also relatively low in calories, with a 1-cup serving containing about 80 calories.
- Heavy cream is high in fat, with a 1-tablespoon serving containing about 50 calories and 5 grams of fat. It is also high in cholesterol, with a serving containing about 20 milligrams.
It’s important to note that Chicken Mughlai can be high in fat, calories, and cholesterol due to the use of ingredients such as ghee or oil, heavy cream, and chicken. To reduce the fat and calorie content of the dish, you can use low-fat or non-fat dairy products in place of heavy cream, and choose lean cuts of chicken or use chicken breasts without the skin. You can also reduce the portion size of the dish to control the amount of calories and fat you consume.
Benifits of eating chicken mughlai recipe
There are a number of potential benefits to eating Chicken Mughlai, depending on the specific ingredients and preparation of the dish. Here are a few examples:
- Protein: Chicken Mughlai is a good source of protein, which is an essential nutrient that plays a number of important roles in the body. Protein is needed for building and repairing tissues, making enzymes and hormones, and supporting immune function.
- Antioxidants: Some of the ingredients used in Chicken Mughlai, such as onions and tomato puree, are rich in antioxidants, which are compounds that help protect the body from harmful molecules called free radicals. Antioxidants may help reduce the risk of certain chronic diseases, such as heart disease and cancer.
- Vitamins and minerals: Chicken Mughlai is a good source of a number of vitamins and minerals, including B vitamins, vitamin C, iron, and zinc. These nutrients are important for maintaining good health and supporting various body functions.
- Flavor and enjoyment: Chicken Mughlai is a flavorful and aromatic dish that can be enjoyable to eat and can add variety to your diet. Eating a diet that includes a variety of foods can help ensure that you are getting all the nutrients you need and can help make meals more enjoyable.
It’s important to note that the specific benefits of eating Chicken Mughlai will depend on the ingredients used and the way the dish is prepared. To maximize the potential benefits of the dish, it is important to use a variety of fresh, whole ingredients and to limit the use of added sugars, salt, and unhealthy fats.